Remember This Journal
by Niki Meiners
- Smooch®: Sundance
- Smooch Spritz®: River Mossy or Splash & Cosmic Pink
- Top Boss® Watermark Mini ink pad
- ColorBox® Fluid Chalkink pad: Dark Brown
- Colorbox® Fluid Chalk Queue: Big Top
- Design Adhesives: Fancy Edges & Sentiments ©Art Warehouse
- Designer Foils: Plum Crazy & Silver Fog
- Hampton Art cling stamp set: Birdie Sentiments – I © Kelly Panacci
- Sizzix Big ShotTM
- Sizzix Sizzlits Die Set 3PK - Decorative Label Set #3
- Sizzix Textured Impressions Embossing Folders 2PK - Fall Set
- Sizzix Sizzlits Die Set 3PK - Heart Set #2
- Sierra Pacific Craft Notebook DIB #8
- White cardstock: 2 pieces - trimmed to 1.5“ x 2.25” & 4” x 3”
- Teal cardstock: trimmed 6.5” x 4.5” piece
- Terra cotta cardstock: 4” x 3” piece
- Craft brown cardstock: 2 strips - 0.5” x 4”
- White sanding sponge
- Micro-tip scissors
- Helmar® Zapdots & 450 Quick Dry Adhesive
- Ink birdhouse stamp with Watermark ink pad and randomly stamp image over notebook. Stamp birds with Dark Brown ink on smaller piece of white cardstock. Accent birds with Smooch®: Sundance. Stamp branch with Fluid Chalk Dark Brown ink on craft brown cardstock. Set aside notebook and stamped images to dry.
- Shake Smooch Spritz® River Mossy or Splash vigorously then spray onto teal cardstock and place in leaf embossing folder. Run through Big Shot TM following manufacturer’s directions. Remove cardstock from folder and allow to dry. Sand image with sand paper to create a multi-tonal look.
- Trim embossed cardstock to 3” x 5”; save trimmings. Adhere to notebook with Helmar® 450 Quick Dry adhesive as shown. Trim out leaves from embossed cardstock trimmings and adhere to buttoning flap with 450 Quick Dry adhesive.
- Run terra cotta cardstock through Big ShotTM with Decorative Label die. On scalloped label, apply diamond from Fancy Edges Design Adhesives on bottom left corner and then apply Silver Fog Designer Foil. Adhere label with Quick Dry adhesive to notebook as shown.
- Apply words “Remember This” from Sentiments Design Adhesives on strip of craft brown cardstock, then apply Plum Crazy Designer Foil. Adhere strip on top as shown with Quick Dry adhesive.
- Run the 4” x 3” white cardstock through the Big ShotTM with Heart Set #2 die. Ink edges of heart with Fluid Chalk Berrylicious ink then spray with Smooch Spritz® Cosmic Pink. Allow die cut to dry and apply to notebook with Helmar® Zapdots as shown.
- Trim stamped images and adhere to notebook with Helmar® Zapdots as shown
Click to watch Niki teaching a class on making this project
Clearsnap would like to thank Hampton Art Stamp, Helmar Adhesives and Ellison Educational Equipment for materials used in class.